We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to help us recreate
insurance to meet the demands of an on-demand world.
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER
WE are Slice Labs (Slice). We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to change the insurance experience to meet the demands of an on-demand world. We are disrupting the idea that insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right when they need it. At Slice, we’re focused on ensuring our products provide a positive, individualized customer experience. Our smaller teams invite broader thinking and problem solving, where nobody is pigeonholed into a predetermined role. We work in an open, supportive, environment that values and promotes inclusiveness, innovation, and collaboration. It’s fast-paced, dynamic and fulfilling.
Our Product Management Team located primarily in Ottawa, Canada is focused on identifying, conceptualizing and designing modern, high-performance, disruptive and scalable digital insurance solutions. We work in an open, supportive environment that values and promotes innovation and collaboration. The Team works closely with our underwriting, claims, marketing & sales, design, data science, quality assurance and software engineering teams to enable the development and implementation of groundbreaking new insurance products and solutions. We are constantly looking to innovate and improve.
This ROLE takes ownership of one or more product lines with responsibility for managing the product roadmap and backlog within a scrum environment and works collaboratively with stakeholders to maximize product quality and business value.
YOU get excited about product management and clearly understand its impact on stakeholders and the business. You proactively seek to strategize and innovate, applying strong business acumen, collaboration and communication skills to realize Slice’s business priorities. You employ a flexible and focused approach striving for balance across business value, customer need, market expectation and user experience.
- Proven ability to effectively identify, analyze, document and communicate market and business requirements
- Success translating customer needs, business scenarios and problems into future product capabilities
- Experience developing and maintaining release plans
- Excellent judgement to effectively prioritize features for development
- A collaborative style that enables you to effectively work with diverse teams, customers and partners
- An innovative spirit – you can’t help thinking of ways to improve products, strategies, process, etc.
- A pragmatic approach to managing priorities, scope and requirements
- Strong communication skills; listening, written and verbal, seeking to understand and striving to have your ideas and designs effectively communicated and understood
- Track record forming trusting relationships with peers as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Degree or diploma in business, technical or related discipline or relevant combination of education and experience
- At least 7 years experience as a product manager
Slice is disrupting the idea that insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right when they need it.