Our Software Development team works with modern technologies and is focused on building high-performance, scalable, frictionless and fault-tolerant solutions. Our always evolving unique platform design enables delivery of groundbreaking services that provide new innovative insurance solutions directly to end customers. We work within an agile development approach that allows for quick delivery and frequent releases on a variety of digital properties (web, mobile, wearables).
The Software Development team is essential to designing and building core platform components required to support on demand insurance based on data signals. We build highly available systems that support massive scalability leveraging the latest cloud computing platforms. All our development and production environments are cloud-based and fully defined and created by software. Our devOps team and development teams work hand-in-hand to ensure seamless transition and reliable operating environments.
YOU are passionate about software architecture and have a can-do attitude. You take ownership and deliver on your commitments. You are a collaborator and a communicator and are energized by working with multidisciplinary teams. You have an eye for the bigger vision while being focused on the needs of the immediate problem, bridging the gap between business problems and technology solutions. You enjoy investing in the development of talent while providing leadership in the day-to-day. You quickly learn new technologies, consider yourself a problem solver and appreciate the fast pace and opportunities presented in a startup environment.
- 7+ years of experience in software development
- 5+ years designing, leading technical solution delivery
- Strong communication skills enabling you to collaborate with business stakeholders to understand needs and translate them into technical requirements
- Comfortable describing the structure, characteristics, behavior and other aspects of software solutions to stakeholders
- Experience contributing and collaborating on the design of platform features, and application architecture
- Experience with iteration planning, work package definition and swimlane management
- Extensive knowledge of Java and the Java ecosystem and popular frameworks including : Spring Framework, Spring configuration, Spring Boot, Liquibase
- Demonstrated ability to ensure solutions are secure and free of vulnerabilities
- Experience with a variety of 3rd party Integrations (e.g. Stripe, Braintree, Oauth, SAML, GoogleAPIs)
- Knowledge of RESTful design concepts and considerations
- Sound domain modelling practices
- Knowledge of several of the key tools and technologies we work with (AMQP queues, Kafka, Kubernetes, JWT, GIT, Jira, AWS, Datadog, JSON)
- The desire and ability to contribute to unique and elegant design problem resolutions
- A sound understanding of design concepts and best practices required to build systems with considerations for scalability, performance, maintainability, testability, and extensibility
- Familiarity with several database technologies, including SQL and NoSQL type databases
- A collaborative style that enables you to effectively work with diverse teams, partners and clients
- Experience performing impact assessments, design reviews and technical evaluations
- Experience in the definition and dissemination of software delivery processes
We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 with the intentions of returning to our office, at least in some capacity once it is safe to do so. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team, and encourage people with diverse backgrounds to apply.
If you feel your qualifications are nearly there, or if this sounds like it could be a good fit for you, send us your resume at email@example.com and tell us more about you!
LET’S REVOLUTIONIZE INSURANCE FOR THE ON-DEMAND ECONOMY