We are looking for an experienced corporate recruiter to work collaboratively with all hiring managers and the HR Representative to attract top talent to Slice. You will draw on your proven experience to create and implement a recruiting strategy with supporting programs to ensure we have the right people in the right jobs at the right time. The role also requires broad and general knowledge of the HR function enabling the Senior Recruiter/HR Generalist to contribute to employee programs aligned with our culture and meeting applicable employment legislation.
YOU are PASSIONATE about recruiting and bringing top talent into an organization. You are also passionate about employees. You believe the employer-employee relationship should be respectful, trusting and of mutual benefit. You want to be a part of making this happen. You are a thinker and a doer. You get the big picture and can execute the details to make it a reality.
- Research, develop and implement effective recruiting strategies and programs to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for Slice
- Own the recruiting process – from working with managers to identify staffing requirements through to and including on-boarding of new employees
- Identify, track and report on recruitment metrics; continually monitor sourcing strategies and methods for effectiveness
- Research recruitment software and suggest the best option for Slice’s needs
- Train and/or advise all Slicers involved in the recruiting process on applicable legislation and interviewing techniques
- Contribute to the development of innovative employee programs covering a broad range of functions: compensation, rewards & recognition, etc.
- Provide general HR advice to employees and managers
- Collaborate with Marketing to create an employer brand and develop our employer value proposition
- Stay up-to-date on applicable employment legislation for all jurisdictions in which we operate
- Build your professional network through relationships with other HR professionals, recruiters, educational institutions and other partners
It would be awesome if YOU bring:
- 10+ years combined corporate recruiting and generalist experience
- Diploma or degree in Human Resources Management or a related field, CHRP or CHRL designation
- An interviewing style that enables you to effectively screen and evaluate candidates while striving to ensure each candidate leaves Slice with a positive impression
- Comfort utilizing social media and professional networks to source and raise awareness of Slice as an employer and a great place to work
- Demonstrated experience recruiting across all levels of an organization in a variety of disciplines, with a focus on technology and product related positions
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of HR enabling you to contribute in multiple areas
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and HR databases
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Sound knowledge of employment legislation in Canada is a must and the proven ability to research in jurisdictions unfamiliar to you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A reputation for being highly ethical and fair