We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to help us recreate
insurance to meet the demands of an on-demand world.
SENIOR FRONT-END DEVELOPER
WE are Slice Labs (Slice). We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to change the insurance experience to meet the demands of an on-demand world. We are disrupting the idea that insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right when they need it.
At Slice, we’re focused on ensuring our products provide a positive, individualized customer experience. Our smaller teams invite broader thinking and problem solving, where nobody is pigeonholed into a predetermined role. We work in an open, supportive, environment that values and promotes inclusiveness, innovation, and collaboration. It’s fast-paced, dynamic and fulfilling.
Our Software Development team works with modern technologies and is focused on building high-performance, scalable, frictionless and fault-tolerant solutions. Our always evolving unique platform design enables delivery of groundbreaking services that provide new innovative insurance solutions directly to the end customer. We work within an agile development approach that allows for quick delivery and frequent releases on a variety of digital properties (web, mobile, wearables).
The ROLE provides you with the opportunity to contribute to the entire development cycle to deliver compelling user facing applications that are the face of our business. You will design and implement user-facing features & capabilities, build front-end libraries and frameworks to support scalable applications, optimize these features, libraries & frameworks for speed & scale
YOU are passionate about software and enjoy learning new technologies and tools. You take ownership of your tasks and deliver on your commitments. You enjoy learning from others and sharing your knowledge to grow and innovate. You embrace diverse teams and enjoy cross functional collaboration. Your can-do attitude and inquisitive mind enables you to solve problems, multi-task and get things done!
- Familiarity with UI design principles and their impacts and dependencies on development
- Understanding of release/version management, concepts and associated tools like git, github, npm-registry, etc.
- Experience with build/integration tools such as Webpack and Babel
- Proven ability developing Single Page Applications using libraries like React, Redux, React Native, Preact supported by RESTful APIs and/or GraphQL
- Experience with packaging, dependency management, minification, compression, code splitting, loaders, build and runtime optimization (Webpack, Webpack Plugins etc.)
- B.Sc in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience
- In addition, knowledge of Service Worker, indexedDB, performance quality tools such as Lighthouse would be an asset
Slice is disrupting the idea that insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right when they need it.