We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to help us recreate
insurance to meet the demands of an on-demand world.
SENIOR BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
WE are Slice Labs (Slice). We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to change the insurance experience to meet the demands of an on-demand world. We are disrupting the idea that insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right when they need it. At Slice, we’re focused on ensuring our products provide a positive, individualized customer experience. Our smaller teams invite broader thinking and problem solving, where nobody is pigeonholed into a predetermined role. We work in an open, supportive, environment that values and promotes inclusiveness, innovation, and collaboration. It’s fast-paced, dynamic and fulfilling.
Our Product Management Team located primarily in Ottawa, Canada is focused on identifying, conceptualizing and designing modern, high-performance, disruptive and scalable digital insurance solutions. We work in an open, supportive environment that values and promotes innovation and collaboration. The team works closely with our underwriting, claims, marketing & sales, design, data science, quality assurance and software engineering teams to enable the development and implementation of groundbreaking new insurance products and solutions. We are constantly looking to innovate and improve. Specifically, the role is responsible for:
- Participating in Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews, Scrum Meetings and other Agile activities
- Working closely with all cross-functional Scrum team members (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, UX/UI Designers, Technical Architects, Back-End, Web and Mobile Developers, DevOps, QA Analysts and Data Scientists)
- Analyzing existing business processes to identify gaps and areas of improvement and using techniques such as sampling and model building to ensure the solution is efficient and cost-effective.
- Assisting the team with understanding technologies available to address solution requirements and make technical recommendations.
- Creating or updating project deliverables, artifacts and specifications in accordance with requirements
- Developing artifacts such as use case scenarios, screen mock-up, sequence and activity diagrams and object models
- Writing individual user stories containing clear and concise acceptance criteria, which are easy to understand and implement by developer(s) and provide a definition of “done” for the team
- Participate in the review and assessment of designs and solutions for business requirements
- Searching existing requirement assets for the purpose of re-use where applicable
- Identifying related user stories and epics, grouping them into themes as necessary and documenting the inter-relationship and associated business process flows as necessary
- Participating in the quality assurance process including preparation and execution of system and user acceptance testing.
- Solid track record leading requirement discussions and efforts resulting in clear project specifications, business process diagrams and workflows
- Proven ability to analyze a broadly defined functional area and break it down into epics and user stories
- Successful experience building effective working relationships with both technical and non-technical teams and stakeholders
- An internal motivation to proactively lead initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and adhere to project schedules
- Excellent understanding of the software development life cycle
- Ability to manage multiple assignments in a fast paced, matrixed work environment
- Organizational and detail-oriented skills
- An appreciation for the fast-paced startup environment and the opportunities it provides
- JIRA Agile or equivalent preferred
- Degree or diploma in business, technical or related discipline or relevant combination of education and experience
- 3-5+ years experience as a Business or Systems Analyst for one or more consumer-based product(s)
- Insurance or financial product experience (nice to have)
- Business Analyst certification is a plus
Slice is disrupting the idea that insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right when they need it.