We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to help us recreate
insurance to meet the demands of an on-demand world.
WE are Slice Labs Inc. (Slice). We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to change the insurance experience to meet the demands of an on-demand world. At Slice, we’re focused on ensuring our products provide a positive, individualized customer experience. Our smaller teams invite broader thinking and problem solving, where nobody is pigeonholed into a predetermined role. We work in an open, supportive, environment that values and promotes inclusiveness, innovation, and collaboration. It’s fast-paced, dynamic and fulfilling.
Our Software Development team works with modern technologies and is focused on building high-performance, scalable, frictionless and fault-tolerant solutions. Our always evolving unique platform design enables delivery of groundbreaking services that provide new innovative insurance solutions directly to the end customer. We work within an agile development approach that allows for quick delivery and frequent releases on a variety of digital properties (web, mobile, wearables).
The Back-End Development team is essential to building the core platform components required to support on demand insurance based on data signals. We build highly available systems that support massive scalability leveraging the latest cloud computing platforms. All our development and production environments are cloud-based and fully defined and created by software. Our devOps team work hand-in-hand with the development team to ensure seamless transition to operations and reliable operating environments.
YOU are passionate about software and have a can-do attitude. You take ownership and deliver on your commitments. You are a collaborator and a communicator and are energized by working with multidisciplinary teams. You quickly learn new technologies, consider yourself a problem solver and appreciate the fast pace and opportunities presented in a startup environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Java and the Java ecosystem and popular frameworks including : Spring Framework, Spring configuration, Spring Boot, Liquibase
- Demonstrated ability to ensure server-side code is secure and free of vulnerabilities
- Experience with a variety of 3rd party Integrations (Stripe, Braintree, Oauth, SAML, GoogleAPIs)
- Knowledge of RESTful design concepts and considerations
- Sound domain modelling practices
- Knowledge of several of the key tools and technologies we work with (AMQP queues, Kafka, JWT, GIT, Jira, AWS, Graylog, JSON)
- The desire and ability to contribute to unique and elegant design problem resolutions
- A sound understanding of design concepts and best practices required to build systems with considerations for scalability, performance, maintainability, testability, and extensibility
- Familiarity with several database technologies, including SQL and NoSQL type databases
- Strong communication skills enabling you to collaborate with business stakeholders to understand needs and translate them into technical requirements
- Ability and desire to learn new tools and technical skills
- Experience in leading small teams to deliver on projects/initiatives
- A collaborative style that enables you to effectively work with diverse teams, customers and clients to build, test and deploy new features and products
Slice is disrupting the idea that insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right when they need it.