We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to help us recreate
insurance to meet the demands of an on-demand world.
WE are Slice Labs Inc. (Slice). We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to change the insurance experience to meet the demands of an on-demand world. We are disrupting the idea that insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right when they need it. At Slice, we’re focused on ensuring our products provide a positive, individualized customer experience. Our smaller teams invite broader thinking and problem solving, where nobody is pigeonholed into a predetermined role. We work in an open, supportive, environment that values and promotes inclusiveness, innovation, and collaboration. It’s fast-paced, dynamic and fulfilling.
Our Quality Assurance team collaborates with our product development and customer facing teams to design, build and execute test plans that will ensure our digital insurance products and solutions fulfill customer needs and expectations by meeting functional, technical and quality standards.
This ROLE will contribute to quality assurance efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around automated testing. You will be responsible for designing and building advanced automated tests and test infrastructure to validate web and mobile applications and API interfaces. You will also be analyzing and decomposing complex software systems and collaborating with cross-functional teams to increase application testability. Specifically this role is responsible for:
- Designing test plans, test suites and test scripts
- Designing general and detailed bug reports with tests to verify their resolution
- Developing an automation tests for newly implemented features and products
- Working with our web development team to implement suitable continuous integration (CI) infrastructure
- Working to reduce key manual verification tasks by developing suitable automation tests and scripts for mobile and web applications
- Using the latest available technologies to continuously improve testing frameworks
- Working with development teams to prevent software defects by participating in architectural meetings and proactively planning appropriate testing strategies
- Working with product owners to understand and focus testing strategies
YOU have a creative mind, the ability to see beyond the obvious and determine all the different scenarios that are likely to detect a bug. You offer objective insight into the validity of features and changes as well as the application itself. You have the ability to effectively communicate to both technical and non-technical individuals providing detailed and specific information regarding any potential flaws in the product with the goal of not only finding bugs but ensuring they are fixed.
- A solid track record with manual and automated testing of web and mobile applications including multi-device testing
- Demonstrated experience writing and maintaining functional tests using Selenium WebDriver
- Strong proficiency in software quality assurance practices and methodologies
- Proven ability to write test documentation such as test plans, test cases and test reports
- Experience with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins or TeamCity
- Experience using bug tracking systems, such as JIRA
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Experience with Agile development
- 3+ years of relevant experience as an Automation Developer and/or Quality Assurance Analyst
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with G-Code
- Experience with hardware devices like 3D printers, CNC machine
- Experience with service oriented architecture including REST and JSON
- Experience with performance testing methods and tools
Slice is disrupting the idea that insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right when they need it.