WE are Slice Labs (Slice). We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to change the insurance experience to meet the demands of an on-demand world. At Slice, we’re focused on ensuring our products provide a positive, individualized customer experience. Our smaller teams invite broader thinking and problem solving, where nobody is pigeonholed into a predetermined role. We work in an open, supportive, environment that values and promotes inclusiveness, innovation, and collaboration. It’s fast-paced, dynamic and fulfilling.
Our Quality Assurance team collaborates with our product development and customer facing teams to design, build and execute test plans that ensure our digital insurance products and solutions fulfill customer needs and expectations by meeting functional, technical and quality standards.
This ROLE will contribute to quality assurance efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around testing. You will be analyzing and decomposing complex software systems and collaborating with cross-functional teams to enhance system quality.
What you'll do:
- Design test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test data
- Manual execution of test scenarios/cases and thorough documentation of results
- Document bug reports with tests to verify their resolution
- Work with our Test Automation team to reduce manual verification tasks by identifying automation candidates
- Work with development teams to prevent software defects by participating in architectural meetings and proactively planning appropriate testing strategies
- Work with product owners to focus testing strategies and investigate issues
It would be awesome if you bring:
- 2+ years of relevant experience as a functional tester
- College or university level education in Computer Science
- A solid track record of manual testing of web and mobile applications
- Demonstrated experience writing and maintaining functional tests
- Proficiency in software quality assurance practices and methodologies
- Ability to write test documentation such as test reports, test plans, test scenarios and cases
- Experience using bug tracking tools, such as JIRA
- Experience with Agile development
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of test automation
- Bilingual (English/French) is a nice to have
We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 with the intentions of returning back to the office, at least in some capacity once it is safe to do so. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team, and encourage people with diverse backgrounds to apply.