We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to help us recreate
insurance to meet the demands of an on-demand world.
MANAGER, PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
WE are Slice Labs (Slice). We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to change the insurance experience to meet the demands of an on-demand world. We are disrupting the idea that insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right when they need it. At Slice, we’re focused on ensuring our products provide a positive, individualized customer experience. Our smaller teams invite broader thinking and problem solving, where nobody is pigeonholed into a predetermined role. We work in an open, supportive, environment that values and promotes inclusiveness, innovation, and collaboration. It’s fast-paced, dynamic and fulfilling.
Our Product Management Team is focused on identifying, conceptualizing and designing modern, high-performance, disruptive and scalable digital insurance solutions. We work in an open, supportive environment that values and promotes innovation and collaboration. The Team works closely with our underwriting, claims, marketing & sales, design, data science, quality assurance and software engineering teams to enable the development and implementation of ground-breaking new insurance products and solutions. We are constantly looking to innovate and improve. This ROLE reports to our Director, Product Management and is responsible for contributing strategically to the long-term vision and strategy for Slice’s products to ensure we deliver and maximize product quality, customer and business value. Operationally, you will lead, manage and grow a team of Product Owners and Business Analysts to be their best and maximize their potential. You will foster, encourage and reward a supportive and sharing culture that enables all team members to share ideas, their expertise and innovate and problem solve as a team. You will also have ownership of one or more products.
YOU are excited by leading and working across teams to get products designed, built and launched. You are comfortable in an agile/scrum environment. You are able to handle many moving pieces – backlog, roadmap, talking to customers, coordinating multiple teams and gaining buy-in to unite behind the product vision. You easily transition between strategic and tactical responsibilities and employ a flexible and focused approach to your work. You strive for balance across business value, customer need, market expectations and user experience. You are a COLLABORATOR who appreciates diverse ideas and the value of multiple inputs – At Slice, product ideas are a cross-functional team effort. You will draw on the expertise across the company to identify features and products.
- Proven experience managing a product management team to success.
- Demonstrated success leading by example and increasing capabilities and capacity of your team.
- Excellent judgment enabling you to effectively manage team priorities.
- Proven ability to plan and maintain ‘enabling’ work systems, processes and policies that enable and encourage optimum performance of the team.
- Proven ability to collect, analyze data and ideas to inform the product roadmap and manage the associated backlog.
- Success translating customer needs, business scenarios and problems into future product capabilities.
- Well-honed skills working with development to provide clear functional specifications.
- Experience developing and maintaining release plans and providing oversight to ensure the highest quality against specifications is delivered.
- Identifying and tracking product metrics.
- Respected judgement enabling you to effectively prioritize features and products for development.
- Strong organizational skills resulting in sound planning and tracking of projects and deliverables.
- A collaborative style that enables you to effectively work with diverse teams, customers and partners.
- An innovative spirit – you can’t help thinking of ways to improve products, strategies, process, etc.
- Strong communication skills; listening, written and verbal, seeking to understand and striving to have your ideas and designs effectively communicated and understood.
- Track record forming trusting relationships with peers as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Degree or diploma in business, technical or related discipline or relevant combination of education and experience
- At least 5 years as a Product Manager plus 2 managing a team.
Slice is disrupting the idea that insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right when they need it.