We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to help us recreate
insurance to meet the demands of an on-demand world.
WE are Slice Labs Inc. (Slice). We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to change the insurance experience to meet the demands of an on-demand world. At Slice, we’re focused on ensuring our products provide a positive, individualized customer experience. Our smaller teams invite broader thinking and problem solving, where nobody is pigeonholed into a predetermined role. We work in an open, supportive, environment that values and promotes inclusiveness, innovation, and collaboration. It’s fast-paced, dynamic and fulfilling.
Our Technology Operations team provides core IT services that enable our employees and our digital insurance products. We provision, configure and support the infrastructure and environments to build and deploy innovative and dynamic products. And we provide the customer support services so that both internal and external users get questions answered and problems resolved quickly. A positive and compelling end-user experience is our top priority!
This ROLE plans, organizes, and provides responsive internal application and technical environment services. This includes providing onboarding support for new employees; IT security access set-up, configuration, maintenance and installation of in-house tools such as Jira, Google applications, VPN, Slack, etc. The IT Administrator monitors the Service Desk for IT service requests, and prioritizes tasks with input from the Lead, IT Operations to achieve service objectives. This role is key to delivering high service levels and achieving customer satisfaction targets.
- Ensure that all aspects of the company’s computer systems; which are Mac, Windows and Linux based, are operating efficiently including troubleshooting problems, configuring hardware and software, implementing back up processes and assessing systems for upgrades or replacement
- Managing company security controls (we won’t get into details here, but it’s cool stuff!)
- Track and manage corporate IT assets
- Provisioning and deprovisioning user accounts (email, VPN, AWS, Slack, etc.)
- Actively monitor Jira Service Desk for IT service requests, and update and fulfill requests on a timely basis
- Act as a Service Desk Agent to provide front-line external customer support
YOU are extremely organized, able to juggle between multiple tasks across multiple platforms for better support. With creativity and flexibility you come up with workable solutions, regardless of the complexity of the problems thrown your way. You enable colleagues to be as productive as possible by ensuring consistent and reliable access to required IT resources. You will work with members of the Slice team across all departments and at all levels and will be sought out as a key source for all things IT within Slice.
- A can do attitude; always willing to help
- Technical skills with various operating systems including Mac, Windows and Linux
- A thorough technical understanding of Network, Wifi and VPN technologies
- Scripting and automation skills (python, shell scripting)
- A details and service oriented mindset and experience reviewing and resolving service requests, problem tickets, etc.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- The ability to multitask and take initiative allowing you to be productive and gets things done
- Experience diagnosing and exploring options, making you an inquisitive problem solver
- The ability to work flexible hours; serving customers with urgency when they need help
- 3 year(s) of experience working as a Service Desk Agent, IT Administrator or similar role
- Degree or diploma in Computing, IT, Networking or related discipline
Slice is disrupting the idea that insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right when they need it.