We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to help us recreate
insurance to meet the demands of an on-demand world.
INTERMEDIATE USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER
WE are Slice Labs (Slice). We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to change the insurance experience to meet the demands of an on-demand world. We are disrupting the idea that insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right when they need it.
At Slice, we’re focused on ensuring our products provide a positive, individualized customer experience. Our smaller teams invite broader thinking and problem solving, where nobody is pigeonholed into a predetermined role. We work in an open, supportive, environment that values and promotes inclusiveness, innovation, and collaboration. It’s fast-paced, dynamic and fulfilling.
Our UX DESIGN team is focused on conceptualizing and crafting modern, innovative, easy to use digital insurance solutions across platforms (web, mobile, chatbot, wearables, and IoT). We work to ensure that Slice provides an enjoyable experience to our varied user base that includes consumers, businesses, insurers, and industry partners. We also help the rest of the organization build empathy for our users and a customer-centric culture. UX design is a critical part of the Slice Labs value proposition, and we are constantly looking to innovate and improve.
This ROLE applies UX design strategies and methodologies across the Slice product suite. Key interactions include collaborating with our product management, engineering, data science, QA, and marketing teams, as well as our customers and users.
YOU are enthusiastic about all things UX. You enjoy the entire lifecycle of UX design and can easily move from learning about business processes, to conducting user research, to helping develop Slice’s UX strategy, to working with product managers and developers to improve the UX of a specific product. You shine in a collaborative working environment and find the fun in problem solving with cross-functional teams to achieve desired outcomes.
We don’t expect you to have a specific number of years of experience or to have mastered a specific set of design tools to apply. A real passion for learning and continuous improvement is more important to us!
- A user-centric, data-informed approach to UX design
- Experience contributing in a similar role to several non-trivial projects or products, ideally targeting a range of personas and usage scenarios
- A portfolio demonstrating the use of a variety of design artifacts and approaches to design, usable, useful, visually appealing experiences that meet business objectives
- A collaborative style that enables you to effectively work with diverse teams, customers and clients
- A creative spirit – you can’t help thinking of ways to improve products, strategies, and team processes
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, enabling you to effectively share and iterate on your ideas and designs to achieve shared understanding
- Empathy for customers with a drive to gain insights and understanding of their product needs
Slice is disrupting the idea that insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right when they need it.
Let’s change the way people experience insurance together.
If you feel your qualifications are nearly there, please apply! We’re building diverse and mulitdisciplinary teams. Send us your CV today!