We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to help us recreate
insurance to meet the demands of an on-demand world.
INTERMEDIATE PRODUCT OWNER
WE are Slice Labs (Slice). We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to change the insurance experience to meet the demands of an on-demand world. We are disrupting the idea that insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right when they need it. At Slice, we’re focused on ensuring our products provide a positive, individualized customer experience. Our smaller teams invite broader thinking and problem solving, where nobody is pigeonholed into a predetermined role. We work in an open, supportive, environment that values and promotes inclusiveness, innovation, and collaboration. It’s fast-paced, dynamic and fulfilling.
Our Product Management Team is focused on identifying, conceptualizing and designing modern, high-performance, disruptive and scalable digital insurance solutions. We work in an open, supportive environment that values and promotes innovation and collaboration. The Team works closely with our underwriting, claims, marketing & sales, design, data science, quality assurance and software engineering teams to enable the development and implementation of ground-breaking new insurance products and solutions. We are constantly looking to innovate and improve. This ROLE is the voice of the customer/user for product vision and ensures the best product possible is built and delivered to customers within agreed timelines. You will take ownership of your product(s)while keeping an overall platform perspective and maintain an understanding of our complete product lines enabling you to work closely with other Product Owners to share ideas and provide support and assistance. You will also have the opportunity to become a SME in one or more specific areas and transfer this knowledge to other product owners.
YOU are curious and have an experimental mindset which enables you to proactively strategize and innovate. You are business savvy having a good understanding of customers, the user experience, the market and the business. You are an effective communicator and influencer, comfortable interfacing with various stakeholders at multiple levels in and outside the organization. You are pragmatic and flexible and enjoy the opportunity and challenge of a start-up environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop the vision and roadmap for your product(s) and maintain a detailed prioritized product backlog.
- A collaborative approach to gathering, analyzing data and ideas to inform the product roadmap.
- Innate ability to understand and translate customer needs, business scenarios and problems into product capabilities and features.
- Sound judgement enabling you to effectively prioritize feature development.
- Demonstrated excellence engaging day-to-day with scrum teams, writing and clarifying user stories to ensure the highest quality product is built.
- Experience developing and maintaining release plans.
- Ability to identify and track product metrics.
- Strong organizational skills resulting in sound planning and tracking of projects and deliverables.
- A collaborative and engaging style that enables you to effectively work with diverse teams, customers and partners.
- An innovative spirit – you can’t help thinking of ways to improve products, strategies, process, etc.
- Degree or diploma in business, technical or related discipline or relevant combination of education and experience
- At least 3-5 years as a Product Owner/Manager
Slice is disrupting the idea that insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right when they need it.