We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to help us recreate
insurance to meet the demands of an on-demand world.
DIRECTOR, COMPLIANCE AND GOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS
Position is based in the U.S. – specific state is dependent on the selected candidate
WE are Slice Labs (Slice). We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to change the insurance experience to meet the demands of an on-demand world. We are disrupting the idea that insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right when they need it. At Slice, we’re focused on ensuring our products provide a positive, individualized customer experience. Our smaller teams invite broader thinking and problem solving, where nobody is pigeonholed into a predetermined role. We work in an open, supportive, environment that values and promotes inclusiveness, innovation, and collaboration. It’s fast-paced, dynamic and fulfilling. Employees enjoy a competitive salary, paid sick leave and are eligible for medical, vision and dental benefits.
Compliance is a critical function at Slice. We work in a heavily-regulated industry and must abide by those regulations, most notably insurance regulations, but also general business, data and privacy regulations. It is crucial that we know the regulatory framework of any jurisdiction or product we engage, then create systems and processes to conform with those regulations. Furthermore, we must adhere to reporting requirements on various topics with various schedules. Compliance is an element in all the work we do.
This ROLE reports to the Vice President, Insurance Services and can either be based in our New York office or out of your home office. You can expect to be involved in meetings of the Executive Team on a regular basis, consulted with for every contemplated new product or jurisdiction and engaged in the product design process from beginning to end. The role will be quite varied as we operate in several jurisdictions, including all 50 states, Canada, the United Kingdom, Malaysia and shortly in the European Union. It provides the opportunity to influence across the organization and collaborate with colleagues on solutions on compliance issues. You will be responsible for:
- Leading the development, execution and monitoring of Slice’s Compliance strategy, programs and systems.
- Managing the review of state and federal regulatory compliance requirements to include analysis of business impact/operational risk assessment
- Identifying strategic and tactical regulatory solutions by providing compliance subject matter expertise to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Managing the implementation of appropriate strategic/tactical solutions for compliance business requirements, including compliance testing.
- Providing compliance support for new product/feature initiatives and sales and marketing collateral, advertising, etc.
- Developing, communicating and ensuring adoption of required policies and processes and resolving any outstanding compliance issues.
- Ensuring required regulatory reporting is consistently and accurately completed.
- Building and maintaining relationships with federal/state regulatory agencies.
- Managing and leading staff to success by providing clear goals, coaching and creating a respectful, collaborative environment.
- Staying abreast of changes to federal and state laws and regulations affecting the management, operations, and product offerings of Slice.
You are a leader and a doer and enjoy building diverse teams and mentoring for mutual success. You think strategically and can easily convert to operational actions.
- 10+ years of insurance industry experience, with at least 5 in a similar role.
- Ability to identify, weigh and convey potential risks.
- Highly results-oriented with a high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success working in a multi-task environment, managing multiple priorities while delivering results.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior staff.
- Superior leadership skills enabling you to to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Proven analytical ability with a strong attention to detail.
Slice is disrupting the idea that insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right when they need it.