We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to help us recreate
insurance to meet the demands of an on-demand world.
DEVOPS SPECIALIST/SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER
WE are Slice Labs Inc. (Slice). We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to change the insurance experience to meet the demands of an on-demand world. We are disrupting the idea that insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right when they need it. At Slice, we’re focused on ensuring our products provide a positive, individualized customer experience. Our smaller teams invite broader thinking and problem solving, where nobody is pigeonholed into a predetermined role. We work in an open, supportive, environment that values and promotes inclusiveness, innovation, and collaboration. It’s fast-paced, dynamic and fulfilling.
This DevOps Team is critical to ensuring the availability, security and performance of our platform. The team works hand-in-hand with and are considered part of the overall development team. The team develops software tools to support and continually improve our build, deploy and release processes. The team designs, architects and supports the cloud infrastructure that powers all of our applications and services. They effectively create and deploy tools to reduce the effort required to manage, monitor and respond to incidents and requests. The DevOps Specialist will bring a common “platform” perspective to the Slice infrastructure, automating and streamlining our operations and related processes. In this context, you also design, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
YOU are passionate about your work and have a can-do attitude. You are always looking for ways to optimize and improve processes in order to support growth and ensure quality service delivery. You take ownership and deliver on your commitments. You are a collaborator and a communicator and are energized by working with multidisciplinary teams to understand their needs and translate into technical requirements. You quickly learn new technologies, consider yourself a problem solver and appreciate the fast pace and opportunities presented in a startup environment. You are driven by results, working with others, sharing knowledge and ideas and simply getting things done!
- Experience designing, implementing and managing cloud-based technical architectures with an international platform view/perspective; experience with AWS preferred.
- Sound understanding of design concepts and best practices required to build systems with considerations for security, scalability, performance, maintainability, testability, and extensibility.
- Experience developing scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, deploy and verify software releases to various platforms.
- Knowledge of a variety of programming and scripting languages, particularly Python and bash.
- Familiarity with several of the key tools and technologies we work with (Docker, Terraform, AWS, Jenkins, Graylog, AMQP, git, Jira, AWS, Graylog, JSON).
- Sound knowledge of the scrum/agile development approach and a good understanding of the SDLC.
- Ability to quickly triage incidents and ensure that priorities are aligned with business objectives.
- Understanding of code development, good design and architectural practices and concepts: reuse, dependency injection, separation of concerns.
- Experience evaluating and working with vendors to resolve problems and develop solutions.
- The desire and ability to contribute to unique and elegant design problem resolutions.
- Ability and desire to learn new tools and technical skills.
- 5+ years in a similar role
- College, Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience.
Slice is disrupting the idea that insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right when they need it.