We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to help us recreate
insurance to meet the demands of an on-demand world.
DATA VISUALIZATION ANALYST
WE are Slice Labs (Slice). We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to change the insurance experience to meet the demands of an on-demand world. We are disrupting the idea that insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right when they need it.
At Slice, we’re focused on ensuring our products provide a positive, individualized customer experience. Our smaller teams invite broader thinking and problem solving, where nobody is pigeonholed into a predetermined role. We work in an open, supportive, environment that values and promotes inclusiveness, innovation, and collaboration. It’s fast-paced, dynamic and fulfilling.
The Data Science team is key to Slice’s ongoing success. We appreciate the insights big data and machine learning provide to improve the customer experience, grow our market share, and improve overall business outcomes. Every member of this team has the opportunity to refine our data vision and be integral to setting the strategy for achieving our goals.
This ROLE drives the development of business intelligence at Slice, which for us includes data visualizations as well as dashboards and reporting. Data runs our business here at Slice, and you will be storytelling with data to our partners, our customers, and your fellow Slicers! We use a variety of data and dashboarding tools and have a team of talented developers to help integrate your data masterpieces. Our immediate applications include sales and marketing dashboards, responsive geographic visuals, and large-scale time series visualizations.
YOU are passionate about data and storytelling. You have experience designing interactive data visualizations and laying out business results and trends that people just ‘get’. You understand that what people really want to see isn’t always exactly what they say they want. You love learning to use new data tools, analyzing the data, and laying out your results in just the right way. You are a collaborator, a communicator, and are energized by working with multidisciplinary teams. You get stuff done and enjoy exercising your craft while learning from others about new tools and techniques.
- Proven experience designing and delivering reports, dashboards, and data visualizations that answer business questions.
- Experience with more than one BI/dataviz tool, such as Tableau, Kibana, Looker, Superset, PowerBI, etc. You are flexible enough to learn a new tool and not tied to just one single way of working.
- An eye for layout and design – you understand what looks good and gets the point across.
- Expertise working with relational databases (i.e. writing SQL queries) as well as tabular data, flat files…and yes, even the dreaded Excel sheet. ?
- An effective communication style with an ability to translate the complex to the simple.
- Some experience with non-traditional data platforms such as Elasticsearch, Neo4J, Hadoop, and/or Spark.
- A degree or diploma in statistics, data mining, machine learning, mathematics, software development or a related quantitative discipline.
Slice is disrupting the idea that insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right when they need it.