We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to help us recreate
insurance to meet the demands of an on-demand world.
CATEGORY MANAGER – CYBER INSURANCE
Ottawa, Ontario (open to remote work)
WE are Slice Labs Inc. (Slice). We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to change the insurance experience to meet the demands of an on-demand world. We are disrupting the idea that insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right when they need it. At Slice, we’re focused on ensuring our products provide a positive, individualized customer experience. Our smaller teams invite broader thinking and problem solving, where nobody is pigeonholed into a predetermined role. We work in an open, supportive, environment that values and promotes inclusiveness, innovation, and collaboration. It’s fast-paced, dynamic and fulfilling.
The Product Management Team is focused on growth which means building strategic partnerships and making strategic business decisions to increase revenues and profitability and create business expansion opportunities. The team has a deep understanding of our products and industry, conducts research to identify market trends and new opportunities and creates new leads providing long-term value for the company. We work in an open, supportive environment that values and promotes innovation and collaboration. You will work closely with our CEO, Chief Growth Officer and VP of Product Management in a highly visible and strategic role.
This ROLE takes ownership of one or more categories with responsibility for the product marketing strategy, establishing partnerships and managing distribution relationships working collaboratively with stakeholders to maximize product market presence and business value.
YOU have a curious mind. You ask the right questions in order to broaden your knowledge about your industry, products, and services. You are passionate about developing growth opportunities and motivated to continuously help improve the business. Your excellent communication skills and your ability to relate to others allow you to build, manage and leverage strong relationships with all stakeholders. Ideally, you have a background and ongoing interest in cyber security and related risks, products and services in the small and medium business and enterprise domains.
- Track record of creating and nurturing successful partnerships within the cyber security ecosystem
- Experience with cyber security, cloud and related technologies in a consulting or solution delivery environment
- An internal motivation to proactively lead initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and adhere to project schedules
- Excellent understanding of the software development life cycle
- Ability to manage multiple assignments in a fast paced, matrixed work environment
- Organizational and detail-oriented skills
- An appreciation for the fast-paced startup environment and the opportunities it provides
- University degree in Business Administration, Business Development or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience in Business Development, Product/Category Management, Sales or Marketing for one or more consumer-based product(s)
- Insurance or financial product experience (nice to have)
Slice is disrupting the idea that insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right when they need it.